WANTED: Student Performing Arts Curators
WHO: Current undergraduate and graduate Stanford students are invited to apply.
WHAT: Curate Opening Acts for high-profile performers (world music, classical, jazz artists) in the new Bing Concert Hall.
*WHY: To have a stake in campus arts programming: to conceptualize, plan and present high quality, engaging programs to complement our season and showcase campus performers.
WHEN: Apply by Monday, May 21, 2012. You will be notified by the end of spring quarter.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Selected student curators will meet as a group in the fall to program three opening acts for winter and spring quarters. Curators will work closely with the Lively Arts programming, production and marketing staff, and interfacing with campus arts groups and visiting artists.
IS THERE MONEY INVOLVED?
Student curators receive a $500 honorarium and are given a budget for artist fees. Time commitment is 2–3 fall quarter meetings, attendance at all Opening Acts performances, plus several curator logistical meetings throughout the season.
Please cut and paste the form below into an email, and send, with your responses, to Lisa Mezzacappa, Campus Programs Manager, by Monday May 21.
- Please describe the role the arts play in your life. (1 par)
- Describe your most memorable arts experience, on campus or elsewhere. (2 par max)
- Why do you want to be a performing arts curator with Lively Arts? What experience do you have to support this work, and what new skills are you interested in developing? (2 par max)
- References: Please provide the following information for two references who can attest to your maturity/reliability, communication skills, ability to meet deadlines, ability to work collaboratively, organizational skills, etc.
- Reference #1: Name, Title/Relationship, Email address, and Telephone #
- Reference #2: Name, Title/Relationship, Email address, and Telephone #